Monday, July 8, 2013

Catching your fish

This past week I had went to my families vacation home in virginia. They have a home that is literally walking distance next to a beautiful lake that can lead you into north carolina. My wife's family love the outdoors in fact they had in betted in me that it's a must to be a fisher. Now, where I come from we eat fish but as far as catching them thats not our forte. But I was also taught to try something new that wouldn't hurt me. I ended up using my father in law's  fisher pole and while he was setting me up he told me some key factors that i needed to know.

1. Be patient
2. Relax and enjoy your surroundings
3. Once you get it, hold on to it and teach others

After I was told these three things I was up and ready to catch my fish. We first used worms which was allowing the fish to bite at it but I wasn't catching nothing. Then we had switched to live bait which was when I had experienced a feeling that I couldn't explain, I HAD CAUGHT MY FIRST FISH!. It was like a rush like as if I won a championship game, or being told I'm having another baby boy. Whoa! I had realized I was to happy, but then the feeling made me realize something. It made me realize that I have to transfer this same idea to my every day life, to my network profession. If I become patient and enjoy being around others that want to catch that success and hold on to it and help others then that time will come. After, I caught my first fish, the next 4 of them were coming easy. When I was sitting out on that lake I really had time to think.

How many of us really go fishing?

No comments:

Post a Comment